and we totally changed our plans. Richard has a pile of heart pine behind our house from a tear down job a while back. Originally floor joists in a house. We were going to have to glue three pieces together to get the depth we'd need for a countertop.
This stuff is amazing, y'all. Look at those rings! I tried to count...umm, not happening.
We let the glue dry for quite a few days and then sanded and sanded until it was a nice smooth, flat surface. We also trimmed the edges down and Richard rounded the corners.
We installed the countertop and I put on a pre-stain and then two coats of dark walnut stain. After we let that dry we applied a couple coats of poly (we also sanded in between coats) and then waxed it.
It turned out better than we could have imagined. I love it!
Here's a messy/in-progress pic (with the tower shelf...more on that later). And PITiful Brody...oh goodness...that sweet lil face!